3. For high quality polishing, polishing methods and tools that are prone to heat should be avoided. For example: polishing wheel polishing, the heat generated by the polishing wheel can easily cause "orange peel".
4. The effect of different hardness on the polishing process.
The increase in hardness increases the difficulty of grinding, but the roughness after polishing decreases. Due to the increased hardness, the polishing time required to achieve lower roughness is correspondingly increased. At the same time, the hardness is increased and the possibility of over-polishing is correspondingly reduced.
5. The influence of the surface condition of the workpiece on the polishing process
During the crushing process of steel machining, the surface layer may be damaged by heat, internal stress or other factors, and improper cutting parameters may affect the polishing effect. The hardness of the hardened layer is higher than the hardness of the substrate and must be removed. Therefore, it is better to add a rough grinding process to completely remove the damaged surface layer to form an average rough metal surface, which provides a good basis for polishing.
The main points of mirror polishing:
Before proceeding to the next step, be sure to thoroughly clean the workpiece to achieve good results. Be very careful not to repeat the changes (repeated changes will affect quality issues). Time pressure, excessive fatigue, and decreased concentration are all factors that can easily affect work. This is very important. Polishing is a time-consuming and expensive process that reduces the cost of polishing operations in accordance with certain codes. It is most important that every step of polishing must be kept clean.
1. Polishing must be carried out in a clean, dust-free room. Because hard dust particles can contaminate the abrasive material, damage the surface that is nearing completion.
2. When it is necessary to convert the sand level of a finer level, it is necessary to pay attention to whether the sand number of the grade completely covers the upper (larger) sand pattern, and the hands and the workpiece must be cleaned.
Factors affecting surface polishability
The grinding method can make the surface of the mold smooth and smooth, and the degree of smoothness is related to the following factors:
1. Steel quality (the unevenness of the surface hardness of the steel or the difference in characteristics tends to increase the difficulty of polishing).
2. heat treatment process (heat treatment in many aspects will affect the polishing performance).
3. polishing technology (the use of polishing process and polishing consumables directly affect the polishing effect).
Polishing technology is generally considered to be the most important factor, and proper polishing techniques, good polishing consumables, good quality tool steels, and proper heat treatment can achieve a satisfactory finish. Conversely, polishing techniques and consumables are not used properly, even with the highest quality steel.